Domestic Violence on my sister by her husband and in-laws

My sister is suffering from domestic Violence since last 8 months. Any how we have brought her back home since last 3 months. Initially her in-laws were pressurising for divorce but when we approached Mahila Mandal they have taken a U- turn and now willing to take her back. But my sister is harassed and tortured physically as well as mentally so much that she is not frightening that they will kill her by any means. We are confused what legal step should we take in purview of Islamic as well as judicial laws.

Answers (1)

firstly you go to district legal aid and file complaint
then go to police station or sp office and file 498a and mention that her life is in danger and tack her with you

if both not support then go mo media or make an press note and give to press reporters mentioning all thinks

if press also not support then make an application to women's and child protection ministry

at last one option will run successfully and your sister will be at your home safely

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I did love marriage in 2014 and now my inlaws refused to accept me and my husband filed divorce with false allegations on me that I am not interested …

Read More

Hi, my Parents disowned me from their self owned and ancestral property. And i know that further a suit can be filled against the share in ancestral p…

Read More

I applied for Divorce. Hence in order to counter, my Wife(Adv. with 3 year exp.) done false FIR U/s 498A, 323, 307, 506, 457, 380. She has police GD e…

Read More

My sister(victim) is not allowed 2communicate by any means 2 her father/ friends or me. She has not been given even with a mobile. On repeated sms n c…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue