Shifting to another city divorce case pending cannot attend hearing

after filing the petition of divorce can i go to another city and shift there for job?i am supposed to come again n again?currently i am in lakhimpur kheri n planning to shift to shift hone k bad bar bar ana to ni pdega?

Answers (4)

If you file mutual divorce. Then you only come twice.
Firstly when you file it.
Second after 6 month on next date/final date.
Or if you file on any other ground then you should appear on every date.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear client,

You can file transfer application in the concerned high court.
But, by moving aforesaid application you can transfer your case to any other district of your state.

You can also communicate with me via phone call for better advice.

Akash Sharma Advocate High Court Allahabad.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

yes you do have to come when your case is listed or when the court calls you for some query if you have some grievance or u want to shift this case from one state to another state other than uttar pradesh you have to file a TA transfer application in supreme court.

Dear Client,

Transfer of cases relating to Matrimonial Disputes from a court situated in a particular state to a court situated in another state, can only be done by the way of Transfer Petition which may be filed by either party to the case before Hon'ble Supreme Court of India. Such Transfer Petition is filed under Section 25 of Code of Civil Procedure, wherein under the said provision, Supreme Court of India has original Jurisdiction to transfer a civil case relating to Matrimonial Dispute, based on facts of the case, & circumstances of parties, and if such transfer is expedient for ends of Justice, which is in your case the case would be transferring from Lakhimpur Kheri to Bangalore which is a different state. In such cases Courts are usually inclined in favour of Women.

Usually Divorce cases can be transferred by Supreme Court, when Transfer Petition is filed under Section 25 of Civil Procedure Code. Matrimonial Disputes may also involve cases, which are generally in nature of "Criminal Cases" like Maintenance Application under section 125 Cr.PC or a Application under Domestic Violence Act, which may be sought to be transferred by filing Transfer Petition/Application before Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.

Furthermore you might have engaged a counsel for your representation in Lakhimpur. Therefore you will not be required to visit Court on every date fixed however failure to appear at a scheduled court appearance can have serious consequences for you and your case. In case of any other clarification please feel free to contact.
Tushar Bahadur,
High Court Lucknow.

Related Articles

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

My frnd is only 18 yrs and he dont wanted to marry right now but forcefully without permission of my frnd her parents get her marry a girl of 28 yrs w…

Read More

Is a widow daughter in law claim mainrainance, famliy pension , and self aquired property of a widow 64 years widow mother in law.??? Mother in law ha…

Read More

How much they charge all those things I want to know how long it will take get divorce…

Read More

My brother was married when he was 18 years and the girl was 17 years. They have one kid and the brother is not happy with the marriage and the girl i…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue