Procedure to file for divorce and to get back other belongings.

I want divorce from my husband i already came back to my parents how. Now i want to know i came to my parents house without my important documents,my CA final's book and my vehicle. Now i want this all so can i go to his house before filling case of divorce ? Or after that? Somebody says me if you will first file case of divorce in court then u can not go at his house to take any thing and u have file one another notice for getting your baggage early and this may also take 4-5 months.What can i do now. First file a case or first take back my baggage from his house???

Answers (3)

178 votes

As your situation,you should go first to your husband's home,and collect your important documents and things.and thenafter, you should go for filing of divorce if possible first go there and collect your things.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

102 votes

You may go as your wish to your husband house with or without filing Divorce with some important precautions, without precautions you may give bad effect on Divorce
For Further Query contact lawrato

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
335 votes

Dear in your matter first of all u have to give one initial notice to hus for divorce and also for get all ur things and for this u have to give them 15 days time for both and if they will not respond on same than after u have to file maintenance,divorce,498 ets and get ur all things back with court order but for that u have to provide all evidence for same.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles