Complaint in CAW women cell by wife

My brother is suffering from schizophrenia, he got married last year, is more then 1 yr., now his wife filed a complaint in women cell for his mental illness,she also told in complaint that he is impotent and inlaws taken her istridhan etc,what will happen if case went to court,can she claim alimony and mantanince if husband is non working,husband takes money from his dad for living,dad is businessman,can she claim my dads property or my mother property?

you can give her a notice to return her istridhan. she can not claim in the property of your father or your mother. court will decide the maintenance on the property and income of her husband or on the last status of her husband

If the husband is mentally ill and suffering with schizophrenia then she can not claim anything from husband.She only has right over husbands property and no right can be inferred over your fathers property therefore you can also go ahead and file a complaint against her in the local police station regarding cruelties being meted out by your family.Please contact for further details thanks.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli

Once case is. In court it will be 498A OR DOEMSTIC voilance. She can claim property of father in law if it is ansectral property. Can not claim from mother in law. She can file maintaiance casr anf husband has to pay basis amount to wife . Alimony will be paid in case of divorce

She cannot not claim your parents property. Her right to maintenance is only against her husband. Whether your brother will have to pay maintenance depends upon various factors. There is nothing to worry about on your part or your parents.