Complaint in CAW women cell by wife

My brother is suffering from schizophrenia, he got married last year, is more then 1 yr., now his wife filed a complaint in women cell for his mental illness,she also told in complaint that he is impotent and inlaws taken her istridhan etc,what will happen if case went to court,can she claim alimony and mantanince if husband is non working,husband takes money from his dad for living,dad is businessman,can she claim my dads property or my mother property?

Answers (4)

126 votes

you can give her a notice to return her istridhan. she can not claim in the property of your father or your mother. court will decide the maintenance on the property and income of her husband or on the last status of her husband

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

272 votes

If the husband is mentally ill and suffering with schizophrenia then she can not claim anything from husband.She only has right over husbands property and no right can be inferred over your fathers property therefore you can also go ahead and file a complaint against her in the local police station regarding cruelties being meted out by your family.Please contact for further details thanks.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
171 votes

Once case is. In court it will be 498A OR DOEMSTIC voilance. She can claim property of father in law if it is ansectral property. Can not claim from mother in law. She can file maintaiance casr anf husband has to pay basis amount to wife . Alimony will be paid in case of divorce

59 votes

She cannot not claim your parents property. Her right to maintenance is only against her husband. Whether your brother will have to pay maintenance depends upon various factors. There is nothing to worry about on your part or your parents.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles