What is the basic difference between Section / Rule / Article /Act

An act is a bill which has passed through the various legislative steps required for it and which has become law. So, simply put, an act is the formally codified result of deliberation by a legislative body.

An article is a separate and distinct part of a written instrument, such as a contract, statute, or constitution, that is often divided into sections. A written instrument, containing a series of rules and stipulations that are each designated as an article.

A section is the distinct and numbered subdivisions in legal codes, statutes, and textbooks.

The basic difference between an act, an article and a section would thus be that one is the sub-division of the other.

It goes as act (the biggest) which has articles which are divided by sections.

In general terms, when a Bill is proposed to be enacted, it shall be presented before the respected legislatures (law making bodies) for approval. After it is approved, the bill is presented before the president. The bill, with the consent of president, shall come into force as an Act, a Law or a Statute.

An Article or a section which are numbered are meant to indicate or reflect a specific provision of an Act or a Law.

Sections comes under the Act whereas it makes us to enable us to understand underwhich act it comes. Likewise articles and rules are also different but makes it easy to know under which article which we have to make an application. For more call on my number

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow