Can we use Residential property for commercial purpose

notice given by municipality u/s Section 268 Powers of Commissioner to vacate any building.BPMC Act 1949. Reason for notice : Resident property used for commercial purpose.. All members of society want to use building as commercial purpose.... How to get stay order from high court for not to vacat property. We want continue use this propwrty as commercial purpose.... Give us advice with section

Answers (1)

276 votes

if you have received notice under section 268 of BPMC act for vacating you shall be required to reply u/s. 351 of the Act for giving opportunity of hearing and further approach high court to stay the proceeding till decision of the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am being denied to sit for exams because I have 69 % attendance instead of 75 in part time executive mba course run by a reputed college in Pune, de…

Read More

Dear Sir/Mam, I am writing to you to ask you expert view on the matter. One of my relative are Deaf & Dumb (H & W both) surviving his life wit…

Read More

A base to install reliance broad band tower was made on our neighbour's roof we filed a case and got a stay. after 3 years our lawyer says the com…

Read More

one person is constructing petrol retail outlet very adjacent to water body. The district collector issued NOC and RDO issued Land conversion certific…

Read More