What is the procedure for adoption of a stepchild

Hello Sir, I have married an old friend (let's call her NB) who has a child from a previous live in relationship. It was an abusive relationship which she got out of to protect her child. The biological father (let's call him AB) was an alcoholic and serial abuser. He has been married to someone else and has a daughter since before living in with NB. He never sought divorce from his first wife, and never gave any recognition, legal or social to NB. NB got out of the relationship while pregnant. During her pregnancy, she found help and support from a colleague (let's call him AR), who wanted to marry her. He insisted on giving his name in the birth certificate of the child when he was born. Unfortunately, the guy turned out to be a fraud, who is married and has a son. NB was traumatised along with her ailing parents due to this betrayal. This was 15 months ago. The child is now 18 months old. Now I have married NB and want to adopt the child. AB, though the biological father

Answers (0)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles