Legal procedure for divorce & custody of child

dear sir my wife is syko path and lazy goose she cant take any responasblity and not letting see my one month old new born baby and demands to defferent accommodation and try to qurail and manipulate all times and thertens my falls dowry case. not reciving call from past one month before she got govt job she absloutly fine when she got job the things alll changed and she try to controle my all actatives like money caring for yelder in families i dont know what to do my in laws also not leving to see her what to do plz suggest me i cant handle this wife boz of my parents r getting old 1 how can i take coustady of my baby 2 should i leve her r claim my rights baby custdoy and devrous 3 is there eny chance get baby erlier coustady 4 how to prove she is unfit mother in india

Answers (2)

331 votes

Hello Sir,
I just went through the details of your problem. your wife's condition seems to be more psychological due to the fact that she has just delivered a baby.
Nevertheless, to answer your points mentioned above-
1) Firstly you cannot get custody of a newly born infant. you wife seems to hold a Govt job and is financially secure so there is no reason for you to take the child from her. Regarding her psychological condition it has to be proved before court, only if the court finds her incapable of taking care, you can ask for child custody. you have mentioned that she has just got a govt job, then how could you call her a psychopath?
2) Now is the right time for you to be with her, that is, after the delivery of your new born baby. Its not right for you to leave her and ask for Divorce since I don't see any reasonable grounds for Divorce- like cruelty and desertion.
3) As mentioned above you will not be able to get the custody of the infant child. The child is new born as per you, she must be weaning it, so no court will give custody of this infant to the father.
4) Proving motherhood and how fit a woman is for the job is a herculean task. Don't bother to try it right now, as you will not succeed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

126 votes

You can file a case in the jurisdictional family court through your Advocate under Gaurdian and Wards Act for custody of the child.You have to fight well and also you have to proof that you are a better guardian than
Your wife.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles