Procedure to file the case in case of dishonour of cheque

A party has given a Cheque of Rs 150000 and the cheque got bounced can we sue the party .kindly let me now the process and please help.

Answers (4)

You will have send a legal notice within 15 days from dishonour of cheque while giving 30 days time for payment and after that you may have to file a case and alternatively you may have lodge and FIR in police station against accused under section 420 . Make sure you must consult your advocate before taking any action for better action and result.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Issue legal notice to opposite party for payment of cheque amount within 1t day and after no reply notice or payment of mony you can file case under section 138 Negotiable Instrument Act. Before compitant court according Juridiction.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Yes Sir, Surely you can sue him under section 38 of Negotiable Instrument Act. If you willing to persue it kindly contact me and discuss all the situation so we can persue towards it without wasting your valuable time.

On the date of cheque bounce within 30 days giving a written notice for demand for the payment of the said amount and given fifteen days time to the receipt of the said notice and the party fail then after 15 days within one month file the complaint.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Cheque issued dated 9.7.2016. Cheque validity 3 months. Presented within time. Demand notice not send so far. Whether it can be send or else alternati…

Read More

company but they are asking me to give cheque without putting date in that chequ,i should do job for 2 years for less payment and he is taking signatu…

Read More

Dear Sir, my two brother taken cheque of my mother. to get money from financer. after 6-8 yrs they didnt pay and get cheque back. Mean time family pro…

Read More

If the defaulter is absconding against whom cheque bounce is registered, can we ask police to get his address for summons to be issued? Or else, what …

Read More