Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Date of cheque important to file a case against cheque bounce

I have a check of 50000/- of a party to whom i given goods which was dishonoured on dated 22/1/2018. After 20 to 25 days later party asked to present it again then we present it on 20/2 /18 it again dishonour now. Iwant to know that can we file case against party.is the time of check date matters ?

Answers (5)

The date does matter as a cheque bounce case is time barred by limitation. And yes you can file a case against that party but first you have to send a legal notice as per the requirement of law. You have to do the same immediately as your case is reaching the limitation

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello client hru.i have read Ur query in this matter it's true it's important that the date of dishonour of cheque from Ur banker itself.yes u can file case of cheque bounce in the court.in this matter u have two contact Ur advocate who will do the need full.thanks

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

Yes you can still file a complaint case for bouncing of the cheque. You are left with 5 odd days to initiate the process after which time will stand bar and date from which the time shall be calculated is 20.2.18.

Yes it is the most important factor to be concluded for 138 ni act. AS you have depicted that you have presented the cheque again on 20/2 and it get dishonored. You have only 4-5 days as mandatory period in which you have to send a legal notice to the opposite party else you would not be able to file a case of cheque bounce. Contact the undersigned for further and instant action.

Yes sir/madam,
The date of the cheque is important to file a case. In the case in hand a legal notice is to be sent, that too on urgent basis, else you will not be able to initiate legal actions under section 138 NI act.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2500
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

I have a running car loan agst Tata Nano, that has 10installments left and 10 are back-log installments which I have not paid due to no job that time,…

Read More

Can we claim double amount for cheque bounce case the cheque for 5 lakhs which was given to me says account closed which is why it got bounced want to…

Read More

Iam working in railways as a class 4 employe.I have barrowed 3 lakhs from one of my coligue in 2014 .I have given blank cheque and promissory note at …

Read More

My application has been admitted in Mumbai High Court against aquataial order of lower court what is the next course of action which I as a appleant h…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue