×

Date of cheque important to file a case against cheque bounce

I have a check of 50000/- of a party to whom i given goods which was dishonoured on dated 22/1/2018. After 20 to 25 days later party asked to present it again then we present it on 20/2 /18 it again dishonour now. Iwant to know that can we file case against party.is the time of check date matters ?

Sir,
The date does matter as a cheque bounce case is time barred by limitation. And yes you can file a case against that party but first you have to send a legal notice as per the requirement of law. You have to do the same immediately as your case is reaching the limitation

Hello client hru.i have read Ur query in this matter it's true it's important that the date of dishonour of cheque from Ur banker itself.yes u can file case of cheque bounce in the court.in this matter u have two contact Ur advocate who will do the need full.thanks

Yes you can still file a complaint case for bouncing of the cheque. You are left with 5 odd days to initiate the process after which time will stand bar and date from which the time shall be calculated is 20.2.18.

Yes it is the most important factor to be concluded for 138 ni act. AS you have depicted that you have presented the cheque again on 20/2 and it get dishonored. You have only 4-5 days as mandatory period in which you have to send a legal notice to the opposite party else you would not be able to file a case of cheque bounce. Contact the undersigned for further and instant action.

Yes sir/madam,
The date of the cheque is important to file a case. In the case in hand a legal notice is to be sent, that too on urgent basis, else you will not be able to initiate legal actions under section 138 NI act.