quesRepair of leakages from bathroom. Who is responsible? No damage by me.

There is a leakage in the ceiling of bathroom of the flat (501) below my flat(601). I've not carried out any repairs/alterations/modifications and the leakage started automatically. Whose responsibility will it be to get the repairs done, the cooperative housing society or me? Awaiting your response.

  • ans

    This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

  • ansSir, perused your facts, one will have to see the bye laws of your society however as per standard bye laws it will be responsibility 50/% of each flat owner I.e flat no 601 & 501 subject to the byelaws of your society.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansDear Sir,
    First you will have to ensure as to where is the source of leakage is, if it is in the flat above your flat then certainly you are not responsible.
    If there is terrace above your flat then the Society is responsible.
    So, please consult expert Licensed plumber and take report or opinion in writing about the source of leakage and submit the same to the Society as well as to the flat resident below your flat through Advocate for your safe side.
    Thanks and regards

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

We bought land from this person on 2014 anr we get to know that he…

1.a flat is in the joint name of my father and mother. He has 6…

In 1982 land of 423.5 square yards registration done to me by janakamma, in the…
Thirty years ago a person had bought 37 bigha land from other person but he…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly