Repair of leakages from bathroom. Who is responsible? No damage by me.
There is a leakage in the ceiling of bathroom of the flat (501) below my flat(601). I've not carried out any repairs/alterations/modifications and the leakage started automatically. Whose responsibility will it be to get the repairs done, the cooperative housing society or me? Awaiting your response.
This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.
Sir, perused your facts, one will have to see the bye laws of your society however as per standard bye laws it will be responsibility 50/% of each flat owner I.e flat no 601 & 501 subject to the byelaws of your society.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
First you will have to ensure as to where is the source of leakage is, if it is in the flat above your flat then certainly you are not responsible.
If there is terrace above your flat then the Society is responsible.
So, please consult expert Licensed plumber and take report or opinion in writing about the source of leakage and submit the same to the Society as well as to the flat resident below your flat through Advocate for your safe side.
Thanks and regards
Advocate Namitabh KothariFort, Mumbai
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can my wife file a 498 if she has already filed a case under DVC
- What can be done if cheque got bounced
- How to get SC caste certificate corrected
- Technology Contract for product development not fulfilled
- Unregistered partnership firm's partner case against the firm