Landlord cheated me with respect to the property's leakage problem.

I am staying on sixth floor of seven story apartment. I got this flat through agent. Owner told me that there was some leakage of toilet which he got repaired. However even after leakage was not stopped. I called owner and he brought one builder to handle the problem, builder said that it will take 40 days to clear the leakage problem. Accordingly owner took builder to the flat owner of seventh floor. Where that owner refused either to allow repairs. Owner did not gave me any idea about leakage problem before handing over the flat thus he cheated me. until I deposited rent. What can i do now?

Answers (1)

210 votes

We suggest that you sent a legal notice to the owner through a lawyer thereby asking him to repair the leakage.

In case he fails to do so then you can file a police complaint against the landlord under Section 420 of IPC.  , 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."