Sir, I want to know whether Father-in-Law can transfer his own property to his 2 daughter-in-law and grand sons through settlement deed. If then what will be Tamilnadu Registration Fees for this. Please explain in detail.

  • ansHe can very well transfer the property to his grandson or grand daughter, in Tamilnadu the said transfer is considered as within family member as GO, the stamp duty maximum 25,000/- excluding registration fee and advocate fee

    Advocate Sathish Kumar

      Pandu Klix Plaza, Chennai

  • ansFather in law can not execute a settlement in favour of his daughter in law. He can execute the settlement deed in favour of his grand son.
    Father in law can not execute a settlement in favour of his daughter in law. He can execute the settlement deed in favour of his grand son.

    Advocate V Arunagiri

      Palavakkam, Chennai

  • ansYour father in law can very well execute a settlement deed in favour of the 2nd daughter in law provided he has valid title to the property and also to his grandsons as per his desire and wish.
    The stamp duty for this will be 1% On the market value of the property but not exceeding Rs.25000/- and the registration charges will be 1% on the market value of the property subject to a maximum of Rs.4000/-.

    Advocate T Kalaiselvan

      Kosapet, Vellore

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

We are from Maharashtra, pune district. My father in law has 60 acres of agricultural…

I bought a property with a promised delivery date of Oct 2015, Till now I…
My parents are no more.My father's sis has property n my father is elder bro.…
I am from Delhi and going to buy a property in XX. It's an unauthorized…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly