×

quesFATHER-IN-LAW CAN TRANSFER HIS PROPERTY TO DAUGHTER-IN-LAW

Sir, I want to know whether Father-in-Law can transfer his own property to his 2 daughter-in-law and grand sons through settlement deed. If then what will be Tamilnadu Registration Fees for this. Please explain in detail.

• ansHe can very well transfer the property to his grandson or grand daughter, in Tamilnadu the said transfer is considered as within family member as GO, the stamp duty maximum 25,000/- excluding registration fee and advocate fee

Advocate Sathish Kumar

Pandu Klix Plaza, Chennai

• ansFather in law can not execute a settlement in favour of his daughter in law. He can execute the settlement deed in favour of his grand son.
    Father in law can not execute a settlement in favour of his daughter in law. He can execute the settlement deed in favour of his grand son.

Advocate V Arunagiri

Palavakkam, Chennai

• ansYour father in law can very well execute a settlement deed in favour of the 2nd daughter in law provided he has valid title to the property and also to his grandsons as per his desire and wish.
    The stamp duty for this will be 1% On the market value of the property but not exceeding Rs.25000/- and the registration charges will be 1% on the market value of the property subject to a maximum of Rs.4000/-.