quesMother doesn't want to give share in property to one son. What to do?

I am a muslin. My father passed away. The land is my mother's name. We are 3 brother's and 3 sisters. All 3 sister are married. My mother doesn't doesn't want to give land one child. Is there any provision under law?

  • ansHello

    Yes, your mother does have the right to exclude her son from receiving the land.
    In the jurisdiction of Assam and West Bengal-
    There are two ways:
    1. Gift deed. She can execute a gift deed including the names of her five children as recipient of the property.
    2. Sale deed. She can execute a sale deed in the name of her 5 children, thus transferring all the rights of the property to her children.

    This way she can exclude your brother from receiving any part of the property and your brother won't be able to make any claim on it.

    Adv. F. Khan.

    Advocate Fauzia Khan

      Chaigali, Guwahati

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Muslim Law lawyers in India

Similar questions

My wife Expired in Dec 2015 leaving a Daughter of 4 years , which I…
Ye mera 2nd nikaah hai but mere husband ka 5th nikaah hai 1st wife se…

I am a Muslim who got married on May 2008 and registered in Special Marriage…

Sir my age is 18 years 4 month 29 days, My girlfriend age is 18…

Muslim Law Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Farhat Warsi Singh

  JMD Regent Square
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate S Mubarak Begum

  Hameedsha Complex
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Mazher Ali Khan

  Chirag Ali lane, ABIDS
 Experience: 10 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly