Mother doesn't want to give share in property to one son. What to do?
I am a muslin. My father passed away. The land is my mother's name. We are 3 brother's and 3 sisters. All 3 sister are married. My mother doesn't doesn't want to give land one child. Is there any provision under law?
Yes, your mother does have the right to exclude her son from receiving the land.
In the jurisdiction of Assam and West Bengal-
There are two ways:
1. Gift deed. She can execute a gift deed including the names of her five children as recipient of the property.
2. Sale deed. She can execute a sale deed in the name of her 5 children, thus transferring all the rights of the property to her children.
This way she can exclude your brother from receiving any part of the property and your brother won't be able to make any claim on it.
Adv. F. Khan.
Advocate Fauzia KhanChaigali, Guwahati
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I took loan but not able to pay EMI, what is the procedure to get time
- Full amount paid back in installment still facing harassment
- Son's and daughter's right on deceased father's property
- Can I obtain mutual divorce outside court
- Can relative alter the registered will