Daughter's right to claim share in mother's property

My mother passed away in 2014 without making any will, i am a daughter (Hindu, married 43 yr old) and i have an elder brother. In the absence of the will, what share do I get of her property? how soon should we declare that the owner is deceased and declare the legal heirs? two of the properties my mother was co-owner with my sister in law, can i share claim in those property also?

Answers (3)

343 votes

you can claim right in the property.The share of your mother in property can be claim by you. Though there is no will. The process of claim to the property by legal heirs have multiple options. the correct option you can select as per your convenience.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

110 votes

You and your elder brother are the legal heirs to your deceased mother. Even in the property where your mother n sister in law is the owner there in you n your brother can have share in the 1/2 share of your mother.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
175 votes

You will have right to equal share I'm the absence of will. You can declare legal heirs at any point of time but it's better early than late.Yes you can also have claim to the properties where your mother's sister in-law was co-owner.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles