What should I do if husband is impotent and physically abuses me?
How can I get justice from a husband who is impotent and physically abuses me? We got married 3 months back. I came to know that he is impotent after a month of marriage. He even threw hot milk on my face and I got burnt. I’ve got all medical proofs and video recordings with me.
Rs. 11 to 15 lacs were spent on our marriage. I want all my money back. My husband is also forcing me to sleep with his brother and his father.
I want to get out this. What should I do.
Your situation seems to be very critical and we urge you to take the following steps without any further delay as it seems that you are being subjected to regular physical violence along with the effort of your husband to subject you to sexual violence as well at the hands of his brother and father.
First of all we suggest you to immediately register a complaint at your nearest Police Station for cruelty under Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code or for Domestic Violence under the Protection of Women from the Domestic Violence Act or both.
Furthermore, as you have mentioned that your husband is impotent, so you can file a petition of annulment or nullity of the marriage under Section 12(1)(a) of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 (assuming both of you are Hindu and the marriage was solemnized as per Hindu Law). Section 12 of Hindu Marriage Act is reproduced here under:
1. Any marriage solemnized, whether before or after the commencement of this Act, shall be voidable and may be annulled by a decree of nullity on any of the following grounds, namely:-
(a) that the marriage has not been consummated owing to the impotence of the respondent; or
With respect to Rs. 11 to 15 lacs spent on your marriage, you can file an application under Section 25 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 seeking grant of permanent alimony and maintenance.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Received notice of house going on auction need to prevent liability
- Made fake profile on facebook can someone file complaint against me
- Brother abused me sexually in childhood. can I take legal action now ?
- Legal way to left home for marriage
- Can a case filed U/s138 and Us/420 be mutually settled.