What should I do if husband is impotent and physically abuses me?

How can I get justice from a husband who is impotent and physically abuses me? We got married 3 months back. I came to know that he is impotent after a month of marriage. He even threw hot milk on my face and I got burnt. I’ve got all medical proofs and video recordings with me.


Rs. 11 to 15 lacs were spent on our marriage. I want all my money back. My husband is also forcing me to sleep with his brother and his father.


I want to get out this. What should I do.




Your situation seems to be very critical and we urge you to take the following steps without any further delay as it seems that you are being subjected to regular physical violence along with the effort of your husband to subject you to sexual violence as well at the hands of his brother and father. 


First of all we suggest you to immediately register a complaint at your nearest Police Station for cruelty under Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code or for Domestic Violence under the Protection of Women from the Domestic Violence Act or both. 


Furthermore, as you have mentioned that your husband is impotent, so you can file a petition of annulment or nullity of the marriage under Section 12(1)(a) of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 (assuming both of you are Hindu and the marriage was solemnized as per Hindu Law). Section 12 of Hindu Marriage Act is reproduced here under:


1. Any marriage solemnized, whether before or after the commencement of this Act, shall be voidable and may be annulled by a decree of nullity on any of the following grounds, namely:-


(a) that the marriage has not been consummated owing to the impotence of the respondent; or


With respect to Rs. 11 to 15 lacs spent on your marriage, you can file an application under Section 25 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 seeking grant of permanent alimony and maintenance.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

i had family problems by my mother in law so im not staying with my husband anymore,and hes also not seems to continue this marriage ,i have filed NOC…

Read More

I have been living with my father since 2004 and my father filed his divorce against mom who is living in father earned property in Lucknow since 2004…

Read More

I got married in Nov 2017 and got it registered in subregistrar office. As I was studying, I stayed with my parents till my course ended in March 2018…

Read More

Family court ordered for attachment of 1/3rd portion of salary. Here, Salary means Gross or Net salary. Please clarify.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue