Cheating husband. Financially dependent on him. How to go about it?
I have been married for twenty years and have discovered certain signs and proofs that my husband is cheating on me and is unfaithful. I left my job after my children were born. My marriage has been rocky since the begining - Violence, torture, mental agony - I have put up with a lot for the sake of my children.
I want to end this traumatic relationship now. Please advice as financially I am still dependent on my husband. How to go about it?
Expert Legal Advice:
You can seek Divorce from your husband on the grounds of cruelty or alternately you can also seek judicial separation instead of going for Divorce.
Since you are financially dependent on your husband, you can claim the alimony from your husband at the time of Divorce which includes the money as well as living accommodation. Your husband shall be required to give the alimony amount according to the standard of living that you had been accustomed to, as on date. Besides you can also claim the maintenance during the pendency of the Divorce petition, along with the maintenance of your children.
You husband is required to pay for maintenance, besides alimony amount per month for your children as decided by the Hon'ble Court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Suspension not reviewed within 90 days as per CCA Rules 1965
- In laws are harassing me for my husband's money what action can I take
- I have an ongoing issue where i was harrassed mentally by one lady
- All my accounts have been hacked after registering on matrimonial site
- Wife's share in husband's property