Cheating wife filed 498a case, what action can be taken on me?

Dear Lawyer, I am a victim of multiples cases filed on me by my wife ,we married in the year of febuarary 2012, we hardly stayed to gather for 6 months, she was cheating on me i saw her text message of i love you to her boyfriend,she said she will not continue,but she did when caught again she filed dowry case on me and as my parents were governament employees and i being an novice when comes to law i bought back even after she sending me to jail.later in the dowry case i got acquittal.We stayed together in a rented house where we stayed for less than a month she said she had acted like this all these days as she was nervous that she would not concieve as she had PCOD an medical obligation because of which it becomes difficult to concieve,I bought her to my parents in two months she quarrled and went back to her parents ,filed dowry,rcr,maintenace and DVC,unable to handle pressure i lost my job.My question now is if i leave india will my parents be arrested.

Answers (3)

98 votes

Dear Sir,

If your parents have secured anticipatory bail in 498A, the police cannot arrest them and in other cases filed by your wife, parents are not much pressurized so no botheration. If you have also secured anticipatory bail, what are the conditions imposed by the court while granting the bail? You may need to take permission from the court if you want to leave India. Consult a lawyer and take his advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

76 votes

Recent supreme court judgement,it i not that easy to file any criminal case under section 498a said you have already acquitted the criminal case field by can file a criminal case under section 211 ipc for malicious prosecution,if you wanted to go abroad,it is upto court will prevent your movements.regarding your apprehension of your parents,she cannot file any more case.dont worry.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
319 votes

Dear Client,
When an acquisition is made against any person in a complaint, the police authorities will enqire into the matter and if any case is made out then they will call the opposite party for explanation and if the explanation of the opposite party is not tenable, they will file a case and take the opposite party into custody. Then the person who was arrested will take bail and come out of judicial custody. It is all procedure common to all the citizens. You need not worry for that. Why do you leave India. You must be here and fight against the false cases filed by your wife. You must engage an expert advocate and attack the foisted cases of your wife. If you leave India conditions will become worse. For the sin of your marriage your parents will have to reap the consequences, that too in your absence. So my advise is don`t go any where, project your case fight against false cases. Try to show your intelligence and strategy by taking expert legal advise. Don`t yield or fear for the false cases of your wife. Good luck.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles