Traffic challan reciept by force
i had been stopped on checkpoint where traffic police asked me for vehicle documents , i had provided them all and was asked for bribe for returning them as i argued they took my license and issued chalan for red light jump without my signature on signature of voilater coloumn on the chalan receipt. i want to ask can they blindly issue receipt like this ? what could be done to prevent this?
I'm afraid they can. If you say bribe was demanded then you should have a proof of it. Mere allegation doesnt suffice. From next time if any such thing happens call 100 and tell them that police man is asking for dowry but again it has to be proved.
Advocate Pankaj MahavirNew Sunny Enclave, Mohali
You could cite the incident to Traffic head office with complete details of the incident and name of the officer involved. On receiving of inquiry, the proceedings will be taken up against the officer.
Don't forget your role will also be determined in this and if you are at fault, you may have to go to jail for stopping a public servant on duty. So be sure, whether you were right in doing this to a public servant.
Advocate Satish MishraGreater Kailash, Delhi
You can file complaint of misdeeds committed by that erring cops before their Higher Authority or any other complaint redressal forum of your District or Commissioner of Police. If you have not yet pay the fine amount then you can contest the same in appropriate forum i.e. Court or DTO.
Advocate Ajitpal Singh ManderDistrict Court, Bhatinda
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can government take over my land and auction it w/o my permission?
- Is it legal to rent a whiteboard car to others for self drive in India
- Requirements and formamlities for sale of property
- Short supplied Carpet Area in Re-development Agreement signed in 2001
- Can I build my own house on land owned by many including me