quesTraffic challan reciept by force

i had been stopped on checkpoint where traffic police asked me for vehicle documents , i had provided them all and was asked for bribe for returning them as i argued they took my license and issued chalan for red light jump without my signature on signature of voilater coloumn on the chalan receipt. i want to ask can they blindly issue receipt like this ? what could be done to prevent this?

  • ansI'm afraid they can. If you say bribe was demanded then you should have a proof of it. Mere allegation doesnt suffice. From next time if any such thing happens call 100 and tell them that police man is asking for dowry but again it has to be proved.

    Advocate Pankaj Mahavir

      New Sunny Enclave, Mohali

  • ansYou could cite the incident to Traffic head office with complete details of the incident and name of the officer involved. On receiving of inquiry, the proceedings will be taken up against the officer.
    Don't forget your role will also be determined in this and if you are at fault, you may have to go to jail for stopping a public servant on duty. So be sure, whether you were right in doing this to a public servant.

    Advocate Satish Mishra

      Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh

  • ansYou can file complaint of misdeeds committed by that erring cops before their Higher Authority or any other complaint redressal forum of your District or Commissioner of Police. If you have not yet pay the fine amount then you can contest the same in appropriate forum i.e. Court or DTO.

    Advocate Ajitpal Singh Mander

      District Court, Bhatinda

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hey , On 22nd march , my grandmother has been brutally murdered by her tenant…
Sir this FIR is against me and my family lodged by my sister because she…
Male, Hindu, Married for seven years. Due to a sexless void relationship, I developed interest…
My brother robbed a car and caught by police and later hand over it to…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly