Regarding the Supreme Court judgment on SC ST Act

In Supreme Court Law
Supreme court ne st sc act me jo judgment diya tha uske against govt adhyadesh laa rhi he is adhyadesh ke againt appeal ho skti he?

Answers (5)

104 votes
The government is empowered to do so and change or amendment the law after due process of law.
If there is any infirmity or any defect in that amendment then it can be challenged on that ground before the Hon'ble Supreme Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


168 votes
Yes you can file a writ if and only it is infringing any fundamental rights. If not then you can a public interest litigation/ writ is a the only possible way as per the appropriate articles under constitution of India

Popular Supreme Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

190 votes
Yes please... there definitely lies a remedy and it can be challenged before the Supreme Court. ..... it should be as soon as possible. What’s your interest please. Politically sensitive matter.

209 votes
No, it’s constitutionality can be challenged only in a writ petition under Article 226 or Article 32 of the Constitution; and no appeal will lie against a legislation or ordinance. (Aap kisi kaanoon ke khilaf writ petition file kar sakte hain yeh kehte hue ki woh sanvedhanik nhi hai.)

331 votes
President of India is free to bring in any Ordinance even to reverse any judgment of the court. If you feel that any ordinance is against the provisions of constitution you can approach the court again for declaring that ordinance unconstitutional.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Supreme Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."