×

Non-profitable project in India for selling water in schools

Hello. I would like to know what are the requirements for selling water in Delhi, especially if the water is non-packaged. Also because we are working on a non-profitable project (we want to provide cheap and clean water in a school), i would be interested in knowing if there is any specific regulation?

There are detailed guidelines issued by the Central Ground Water Authority for the issuance of a Non-Objection Certificate for ground water withdrawal that you would have to comply with in order to set up a water-extraction plant/ pump/ tubewell. Regarding private supply of the non-potable water you may have extracted, there are no specific guidelines that may come in your way - However, you would require to enter into supply agreements that could be helped with.

Your company should be registered with registrar of company. ISI and ISO licence and BSI licence, you require to sell water bottles in delhi. Small scale industries registration
ISI certification from Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
Pollution control certificate
Water test report from an authorized laboratory of raw water
Pest control certification
Certificates from chemist, microbiologist
Registration of trademark
Documents related to ownership of land/lease of land for setting up the plant
Memorandum of association of companies/partnership deed, if applicable.

And registered with registrar company as a trading company in new delhi under companies act, 2013.

I will love to work with you on this project.
for any help
contact
Bhavishya Mehra
9873707118

Popular Startup Lawyers

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran
Guindy, Chennai
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow

If you wish to do this work on a nonprofit basis then either establish a section 8 company under company act 2013 or a NGO duly registered under society registration act. Further to this you need to get yourself registered under tax procedural laws of India to comply with the tax laws of India.
As far as regulations relating to water selling is concerned then you can do it by two ways - 1. Have a company of your own for water packaging and distribution and get license from the government for the same. But then this would fall under profitable business, 2. Get permission from MCD (Municipal Corporation of Delhi) to sell water in school by way of tanker or otherwise as you won't be selling the packaged drinking water in this case.