Money cheating/fraud by a friend,we have proof's,How to file a case ?

My friend got cheated for 70 Lakhs from a temple priest in Rajahmundry who was also our friend. Most of the transactions are direct deposits but there are good enough transactions for booking, cancelling flights and hotels for his various temple visits across the country. We have all the bank statements, proofs about almost all the transactions. The guy who cheated ran away knowing that he was caught as my friend repeatedly asked for money, he is not even reachable on phone. We have his details , family details and address. They are all staying close to the temple he served. Is it possible to file a cheating case and get the money back at all ? How can we file a cheating/fraud case and send a notice immediately to get the money back ? Thank you !

Answers (1)

you have to approach the police with a complaint referring to all the things which has happened and how the person has cheated you. if the police refuses to file a FIR then they will provide you with a DD number of your complaint. in the mean time if they do not take any action then you may file a complaint with the DCP of your concerned area. in case still no action taken then you may approach the court with a Criminal Complaint under section 200 Cr. Pc and 156(3) for registration of FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

A person for business purpose taken loan from my father and he cheated by a huge amount my father also have taken loan from others for business and th…

Read More

Dear Sir, We are sellers on snapdeal in which we have shipped brand new sealed products but because of the fraud done by buyers they have shipped us e…

Read More

I have been cheated, by one of my old friend, and fraudently he took money stating that he will provide a business through a consultant. I have all em…

Read More

Hello I'm 61yrs old I was running chit. I got cheated by a few people. To whom I have to settle they r threatening me getting rowdy and some peopl…

Read More