Money cheating/fraud by a friend,we have proof's,How to file a case ?

My friend got cheated for 70 Lakhs from a temple priest in Rajahmundry who was also our friend. Most of the transactions are direct deposits but there are good enough transactions for booking, cancelling flights and hotels for his various temple visits across the country. We have all the bank statements, proofs about almost all the transactions. The guy who cheated ran away knowing that he was caught as my friend repeatedly asked for money, he is not even reachable on phone. We have his details , family details and address. They are all staying close to the temple he served. Is it possible to file a cheating case and get the money back at all ? How can we file a cheating/fraud case and send a notice immediately to get the money back ? Thank you !

you have to approach the police with a complaint referring to all the things which has happened and how the person has cheated you. if the police refuses to file a FIR then they will provide you with a DD number of your complaint. in the mean time if they do not take any action then you may file a complaint with the DCP of your concerned area. in case still no action taken then you may approach the court with a Criminal Complaint under section 200 Cr. Pc and 156(3) for registration of FIR.