Client Refusing to pay money what action can I take

In Recovery Law

We are a social media agency based out of New Delhi. We started working for a client which is a restaurant last April. The client told us in December that they do not want to continue. The client owes us 2,00,000 and is refusing to take calls. Numerous reminders have been sent but no response. We have the signed copy of the contract and all the reminder were sent through sms and emails. What can we do?

Answers (5)

187 votes
I would suggest sending a legal demand notice. This should be followed up by suit for specific performance of contract and/or initiating proceedings for criminal breach of trust/winding up of the company.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


185 votes
Need not to worry
Give him a legal Notice immediately and show your deliberates to fulfill the contract from your side and call him to do the same on their part.
If things won't work, file a civil suit for recovery of money and compansation for damages..

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience

165 votes
You, have enough proof to recover your money (Contract and reminders), the first you should send a Legal/Demand Notice through an Advocate, which strongly substantiate your claim.

It it is not work the you can file a suit for recovery, in the form of summary suit (which may decide within 6 months).

230 votes
You may send a legal notice through your advocate to opposite party for recovery of amount. After than you may file a civil suit for recovery of money. A detailed advice can be provided only after perusal of all documents.

188 votes
Hi. We can file a recovery suit under Order XXXVII the Civil Procedure Code, 1908. Since you have all the proofs with you with regard to the contract, reminders etc. Rest can be discussed in the meeting and I will be able to help you in a much better way. Please get in touch with the undersigned.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."