Continue to LawRato.com with Google


What happens if person does not come after receiving summons

I have filed a suit against my father asking for my share in ancestral property. On the day of first hearing my father came to court and asked for time (2 months)to produce necessary documents, which was granted by the court. So the court fixed another date but my fatehr didn't come to court.And summons has been sent to my father to come What may be the reasons that my father not coming to court. If he does not come even after giving summons what will happen

Answers (1)

If I understand you correctly, after you filed a suit for partition, the Court issued summons to your father. Your father appeared (I am assuming that he appeared through a lawyer) and sought 2 months time to furnish documents, and also to file written statement (another assumption).

Your query now is that your father did not appear 2 months later, and what is the next course for you. Well... if your father failed to appear either by himself, or through a lawyer, the Court will consider his written statement (that will be the response he will be filing to your plaint, or your allegations) and proceed to frame issues.

Issues are framed by the Court to decide your dispute. If he still fails to appear, the Court will record your evidence, and post it for judgment. This, however, is an unlikely scenario, which might occur only if your father does not want to contest the suit. Your father might appear at a later stage and file the necessary documents. You should consult your lawyer to understand the process.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 3499
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6000
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7499
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Purchase plot from first owner in gurgaon -year 2004 Massive corruption took place govt ban transaction of all types of society till further notice Go…

Read More

Sir, I own a flat in the city gandhinagar and want to give it on rent to working bachelors ( group of 4 persons) but some of the flat members are res…

Read More

Sir we bought 2 acres of Agricultural land in 1989 in our village and registered at Revenue office and we got patta passbook and pahani. Now the issue…

Read More

We have a property in mumbai under the name of my grandmother but now she is no more. Now how will the property will going to distribute according to …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue