Validity of general power of attorney in court

Dear Sir / Mam I want to ask a question related to General Power of attorney. I have a house fully in my possession with electricity meter and house tax with my name. But it is on GPA. Is it valid in the court or will it be count my property if someone challenge in the legal way.

Answers (2)

185 votes

dear client
A party to the Court Proceedings may be represented by a Power-of Attorney holder duly authorized by the Party/ Principal. Under Order 3 Rule 1 & 2 of Civil Procedure Code any appearance application or act in or to any Court except otherwise provided by any law made or done by the party in person or by his recognized agent or by a pleader on his behalf. Order 3 Rule 2 of C.P.C. specifies the Power-of-Attorney holder as recognized agents for the Party. Therefore the power-of-Attorney holder who is authorized to appear on behalf of the party can appear, file application engage advocates and act on behalf of parties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

212 votes

Power of attorney is a authorization (adhikar patra) it's not a sale deed. Through POA you can take care and manage the related property and you can also do the related work through it but you can't b the owner through POA. property title only belongs to sale deed, will and gift transfer. So you are not the owner of this property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles