Procedure to transfer share in property to another co owner

we two brothers are having joint flat in noida. I, the co owner wants to transfer / gift my 50 % share to the second co owner (my brother) with out any monetary consideration. Kindly tell whether any stamp duty or registration charges are payable in this case. and what is the process

Answers (3)

253 votes

you can transfar the properity by the gift deed or by the sell deed. both procedings are on charge of registration to the said properity registerd .and you will charged 7% on sell deed and same on gift deed

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

271 votes

A gift cum transfer deed will be made and executed and registered before concerned Registrar and applicable stamp duty on value of property shall be payable which shall be determined by rates ongoing in that concerned state.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
342 votes

Registration Expenses, stamp duty and court fee on the gift deed and sale deed are same

there is only one difference between that the gift deed is executed without consideration and sale deed is executed with consideration.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles