Procedure to take share in property after signing NOC long time back

Hi, We are Hindu. My dad purchased a plot on my Mom's name long time ago. Now she is no more. We (Me, my brother) shifted to a metro city for careere aspects. My brother helped me alot entire my life. I signed NOC for plot transffered. We were living together happily. My brother got married and his wife thrown me out of house. Now Me, my dad and my brother wants to make proper registry of my 50% share in the property. Is this possible?? Thank You!

Answers (3)

Dear client,
In Hindu succession act . If your mother died with out making a proper will. Then you and your brother and your father have equal rights on this property.
2. In case of immovable property no NOC will be be entertained neither is valid in eye of law. If you give NOC but in future you can claim their respective share .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You must write who is title holder of that property in present. If the property is in the name of your brother he agree to make the transfer of that property in your name. And if he agrees he can make a gift deed in your favor in which you have to pay the required stamp duty according to the norms of government.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

As per Hindu law of succession property is distributed among Hindus; there are concepts of various school of thoughts regarding this ;in your case it's a property earned by your father ;which later transferred by him in your mother name ,now the question what kind of NOC you had made because we had to see the legality of that ,with that further advice could only be given after going through the Documents.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My family living in mumbai from last 30 yr. my father is working as bar manager from last 30 yr, on 4k payment. bar holder give us a house for living …

Read More

My father has a 1 storey house in 20 cents land. I built a house in my father's land adjacent to the old house spending 50 lakhs. I am an NRI. I h…

Read More

I am in desperate need of legal advice. I am a 60 year old housewife. My husband died in February 2006 leaving me a house and a factory in D…

Read More

The (late) owner of the property has registered 50% property to first wife and 50% property to borrowers. Since first wife was not willing to give awa…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue