Procedure to stop illegal construction on the property

DEAR SIR , A promoter has been constructing multistoried G+4 building illegally beside my house even not only that the said promoter is throwing bricks , stones and harmful substances in my private portion of the house and the promoter and others are disturbing me day by day , the actual reason is that why I protest against the illegal construction .In this regard I had lodged so many written complaints to the local police station and the municipality as well but no action had been taken by them and later , I had filed 3 written complaints to the SDO , DM as well as the Commissioner of Police but however they are not taking any steps in this matter . Previously I did RTI and the report stated that the said construction is unauthorized and the said promoter did not maintain the sanction plan which is passed by the municipality . In this situation , can I file any case or suit in this regard so that promoter can stop such illegal construction immediately . Please advice me if possible.

Answers (3)

244 votes

Dear Client,
As per the details you have provided to me, my suggestion would be you have to file a writ before the Honourable High Court at Kolkata praying for demolition of the illegal construction and further you can file a suit for injunction to stop the construction and also can claim damages.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

317 votes

Respected Madam/ Sir
I read your matter very carefully and I like to suggest you to file both criminal and civil case and constitutional Writ petition to stop illegal construction.
For further progress please contact me.
Everything is taken care by me and my team.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
296 votes

You can file a writ in the high court for police in action against the said statutory bodies for not taking proper action. Kindly contact me in my office for proper assistance. You will get the best remedy as per your problem

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles