Owner refuse to register property in buyer's name after purchase

28-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
“As mentioned in agreement In case Seller will back out from deal then Seller will return the token amount paid by buyer along with equivalent amount as penalty.”And Seller is verbally agreed to pay Rs. 15,000 per month towards the compensation for the token amount.(this is not mentioned in agreement) The terms being mentioned as per the extension of agreement 53 Lakhs,that the property would be registered within 6 months by paying the balance of 43 Lakhs. It's been about 3 months now and I am willing to get the property registered by paying the balance amount. But the owner is telling that she doesn't want to sell the property, and that she is ready to give back the advance I have paid (10 Lakhs) with the compensated amount (3 Lakhs). She is been telling different stories for the past 2 months. After enquiring with the broker as to why the owner was doing this, I came to know that she has got an offer of Rs. 63,00,000. What are options I have? Please do guide me, I am living in UAE
Answers (3)

Answer #1
512 votes
Firstly you issue the legal notice through lawyer to take the balance sale consideration and execute the sale deed within 15 days from the date of receipt of the notice. if she didn't response the notice . You file a civil suit through lawyer.

Answer #2
980 votes
Your rights are certainly protected by court of law. People of such sort have to be taught lesson. You can obtain an order for registration of property through a court and also ask for compensation. Additionally, you can freeze the property from being sold to third parties by protection order from court. You have to send an Immediate notice before filing the case in a court. consult for further guidance.
Answer #3
136 votes
Listen to this loudly 2. You can sue the owner to get him to sign your sale deed. If he does not, you may file a suit to have him follow through on his promise. You can also ask for compensation from the owner if the sale deed is not registered in a timely manner.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."