FAR extension in C.G.H.S society

A majority of members in a C.G.H.S society in Dwarka , New Delhi want FAR extension of their flats. Plan is to construct additional pillars on which existing balconies will be extended and enclosed. A minority do not want this construction for various reason. Is such an extension legal? Can the minority veto the decision of the majority?

Answers (3)

99 votes

Respected Members,
As it is a society so first all the norms of the intimation to the concern department has to be intimated subsequently opinion is t be collected on written proforma in the General Body MASS Meeting and as per that Registrar has to suggest weather construction for further extention is permissible in the capacity of MCD or not.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

299 votes

Hello, depending upon few things, sanctioned area - If such an extension is authorised/ sanctioned then, construction made with such sanction would be valid and lawful, otherwise illegal. After knowing documents and other facts will be able to tell you about veto,

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
208 votes

For the query you posted, I would suggest the following:

In such a scenario 2/3 of the members shall be the deciding majority. Further their objections are to be taken in account of the RULES & REGULATIONS incorporated during the inception of the society.

The MCD guidelines are as well to be kept in mind before taking any further steps.

I hoppe this answers your query.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles