Distribution of share of maternal ancestral property among children

08-May-2023 (In Property Law)
My maternal grand father has 4 daughter. Out of 4 daughter 1died in 2003. One of his daughter filed partition suit during life time of grand father. Grand father died in 2016. Now all party want to compromise. What is the process. During the life time I have purchase land from maternal Grand Father. Whether it should mention on compromise letter. My mother died in 2003, she has three child, her husband also alive, whether all kids n husband share mention separate or jointly. Hindu family
Answers (3)

Answer #1
651 votes
you can file partition suit and get consented decree after getting signed a family settlement deed. therefore, all kids n husband can get share separately . your maternal grand father's property would be divided into four equal shares and the property will excluding the property which has already sold to you. rest of the property would be divided accordingly. you mother 1/4 share would be divided into sons and daughters accordingly.

thanking you

Answer #2
543 votes
Yes the solution lies in a family settlement. The compromise deed will have to contain all property/transaction details so that it is distinguishable which property you purchased from you grandfather and which you have inherited without any consideration, following his death. A son-in-law (your father) cannot claim any interest in your maternal grandfather's property. But your siblings can claim their share in the ancestral property. A chart will have to prepared and modalities worked out.
Answer #3
528 votes
File suit for declration and filed ws all LRs has no obejection to dividing share equally. Then court passed a decree in favour every holder. Then after u r d actual owner of the property and submit court order to sub ragistrar and patwari for mutation

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."