Clarification on payment of transfer fees to unregistered society

I m going to become member of society which is not registered & no share certificates are issued, can they charge transfer premium of 25000 to me? It’s a sale component of SRA redevelopment planning to put builder & shops in separate categories where no maintenance is charged & rest commercial-residential users will only be paying maintenance charges.Is this differentiation is legal?

Answers (1)

341 votes

No you need not pay any charges to the society till the time a society is established.
You can:
1. Issue a legal notice for wrongful charge of transfer premium;
2. You could also file a complaint to the Registrar of Societies;

It would be better if you would provide more information relating to the possession and the title documents available with you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles