Can an ST gift or donate a land to general or SC

I am planning to buy land in dobo. I have inspected the area and talked to the villagers. The land available there is CNT land. So regisrtry to other category is restricted. My friend is a st or tribal and i belong to sc. so is there any chance that if he buys the land and gift/ donate it to me

Answers (2)

320 votes

No. No such gift can be occassioned. A ST can transfer land to another ST only after taking permission under CNT Act from the Deputy Commissioner, Ranchi. You can easily locate similar lands elsewhere.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

344 votes

Venerated sir,
As per the law of CNT you can not take the ST land in any manner whatsoever. It stipulates that SC can buy SC land and ST can buy ST land, hence other caste in Jharkhand cannot transfer the property to other caste. Feel free to call me more information.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, My father in law who is currently working abroad is planning to buy a flat for my wife and me, which will be jointly registered. So do we need to …

Read More

We are Hindu. My son is going to attain the age of 18 yr this month. His maternal grandfather wants to give him the stock shares as a gift. Whether my…

Read More

Hi, my father has 2 children. My sister and I. My parents are separated and my sister has sided with my mother. They are fighting a divorce and mainte…

Read More

During 1999 a person transferred a piece of land to a private trust with out mentioning the right to transfer. The trust after observing the formaliti…

Read More