Is bigamy allowed under Muslim Law

My nephew-married / muslim / male / father of a child, having a bigamy relationship with an unmarried muslim girl. He is threatening everyone that he is going to marry her soon. Is there a way to stop this marriage by the help of law.

Wife of your nephew can file different cases, under protection of women from domestic violence act and can file FIR under section of 498A of Indian penal code and can file case of maintenance under section 125 of criminal procedure code.

Law is always there but is the problem if he wants to marry other girl. As far as Islamic law is concerned a Muslim male can marry more than 3 girl. There is no restriction for that. What's the reason you are trying to avoid his marriage.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Fauzia Khan
Chaigali, Guwahati