How to file for a divorce if my husband is working in abroad

23-Apr-2023 (In Muslim Law Law)
I am an Indian citizen. My husband works in United States on h1 visa. I want to divorce him, we are Muslims. We have a 3 year old daughter (she was born in US)and I left her with her dad in US and came back to my mother in India. Now my husband is not letting me talk to my daughter. How should I proceed further with divorce. Will I get the custody of my daughter? Thanks.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
629 votes
If you want to give divorce to your husband you can give by way of khula before the Khazi or you can file a divorce case against your husband before the Family Court under the provisions of dissolution of Muslim marriages act. If you want to have the custody of your children then you have to file a Guardian O P before the Family Court for the custody of your child.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."