What are the rights of landlord if tenant refusing to vacant the place

We have logged a complaint around 25 years ago to vacant our premises of Residential area which is the second floor of our house. The tenant refusing to vacant the place. HINDU - owner JAIN - Tenant

Answers (2)

139 votes

Dear Sir, Mam

First upon where you have lodged the complaint (if you have took follow up of your complaint, then what answer you have received )and why you are waiting till 25 years. also specify on which ground they (tenant) refuse to vacant your residential area.
and Sir, if you having lease or rented agreement which is properly signed by both the parties, then you can send them a legal notice and then after file eviction suit against them. After filing the suit you may take direction from the court tell them to deposit rent of those months in the court till the time pending the eviction suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

336 votes

you have to file a eviction suit in Small Causes Court for eviction of that tenant. and futhermore you have to specify grounds on which you are seeking eviction like non-user, bonafide requirement, change of user, non-payment of rent etc.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."