Tenant not vacating after expiry of contract

We have a tenant who had an agreement for 8 years with a monthly rent of 1,300/- and a 10% rise after some years. There was an initial refundable (without interest) deposit of 2 lakh. The agreement got expired in Nov'14 and he has not moved from there since. We had sent out a legal notice to him before that. Is this a case where the tenant has an upper hand ?

Answers (2)

307 votes

At the quantum of rent set by you the tenant will have the protection of the Delhi rent control act if the property is in delhi. However there are other aspects that are important and which will determine whether or not you have a strong case to evict your tenant

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

276 votes

Once the Contract between the parties is over and you have not permitted him to stay beyond the Contractual period, then you can file for a suit for eviction in Court and seek appropriate orders. The tenant will have to evict the premises as no further agreement or permission has been granted by you.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."