How to evict tenant

my house on rent before so many years how to i remove that person?

Answers (2)

158 votes

Please let us know the city or area where you are staying so we can advise you for eviction of tenant. If you are in Mumbai/Maharashtra then grounds are available under the Maharashtra Rent Control Act, 1999 and only on those grounds specified therein the eviction of tenant is possible otherwise not.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

231 votes

As a Landlord you can evict a Tenant by filling proceedings in the Small Causes Court. For that you will have to send a legal notice to your tenant and after that you may file A RAE Suit in the Small Causes Court. What are the reasons for which you want to evict your tenant from the premises rented out to that person? If he has not paid you the rent for the period of more than 6 months then you can even ask for the same in your notice and you may file RAE & R Suit to that effect.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."