Transfer according to Maharashtra transfer act 2005

I am working in maharashtra government office from 2011 on jr clerk post in x scheme but this scheme is closed by government and absorb me in y scheme on same post in same office in 2017. My query is my service period is counted from 2011 or 2017 for transfer purpose according to maharashtra transfer act 2005

Answers (2)

Technically speaking, your term should be calculated from the dated of 2011. Whatever be the scheme, the post remains the same. So, according to The Maharashtra Government Servants Regulation of Transfers and Prevention of Delay in Discharge of Official Duties Act of 2005 your post should change every 2/3 years. The transfer can be delayed for number of reasons as mentioned under section 5 of the Act.

Therefore your transfer will be carried out by the Head of Department as it is your transferring authority as mentioned under section 6 of the Act. You should write a letter to the head of department asking which period will be calculated, just to confirm for your knowledge.

By the bare persual of the Act, it seems 2011 will be considered as the beginning of your service period.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Don't worry your service period is counted from 2011. Because government amalgamated you in new scheme with old post. New service counted from transfer or promotion or demotion but in your case there have been no transfer,promotion, demotion. So don't worry.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My company has been closed the operation, I worked for 5 Years in this company and my total job experience is 18 years and age is 44. In my case , sho…

Read More

Hi, I am working for a software company in Mumbai. The background is as follows The company terminated me and on notice period. They asked me to retur…

Read More

Dear Sir, I applied for the post of assistance professor in Karnataka. I am physically disabled candidate securing 2nd rank and belongs to SC category…

Read More

Sir, I have been working in an organisation for last 4 years an Electrical Engineer (Sr. Executive ). Recently, a new plant head has been appointed an…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue