Premature retirement under Company's Early Retirement Scheme

Applied after seeing the website 'ACCELERATE' HR portal for early retirement fulfilling the criteria.Application dt 12/5/2008 moved through Unit Head to Regional HR Head,Kolkatta to relieve me on close working hours of 11-7-2008(covering two months notice period). UNIT HEAD Forwarded my application on 16/5/2008. wrote a letter to HR,Head on 18/6/2008 -to do the needful so that I can move the place on 11/7/2008 positively to look after my ailing mother. HR HEAD replied on 19/6/2008 -that status will be informed on arrival of Regional Head. No reply received till 7/7/2008 then on the advise of Regional Head I wrote a letter on 7/7/2008 stating that If the Early Retirement Scheme is not applicable to me then treat this letter as my resignation. as the Unit Head, and Reginal Head both have seen the HR Portal infront of me and told you are entitle. Not accepted due to non approval of Company.Now my question is why they have NOT MENTION SUB TO MANAGEMENT DISCRETION IN HR MANNUAL REGARDS

Your query is misgudied. If they have not mentioned a fact, dont insisit for knowing why. Resign and then file a case against the organization. That will teach them a good lesson. Prior to that, obtain all evidences (in writing) regarding the above narrations.