Premature retirement under Company's Early Retirement Scheme

Applied after seeing the website 'ACCELERATE' HR portal for early retirement fulfilling the criteria.Application dt 12/5/2008 moved through Unit Head to Regional HR Head,Kolkatta to relieve me on close working hours of 11-7-2008(covering two months notice period). UNIT HEAD Forwarded my application on 16/5/2008. wrote a letter to HR,Head on 18/6/2008 -to do the needful so that I can move the place on 11/7/2008 positively to look after my ailing mother. HR HEAD replied on 19/6/2008 -that status will be informed on arrival of Regional Head. No reply received till 7/7/2008 then on the advise of Regional Head I wrote a letter on 7/7/2008 stating that If the Early Retirement Scheme is not applicable to me then treat this letter as my resignation. as the Unit Head, and Reginal Head both have seen the HR Portal infront of me and told you are entitle. Not accepted due to non approval of Company.Now my question is why they have NOT MENTION SUB TO MANAGEMENT DISCRETION IN HR MANNUAL REGARDS

Answers (1)

72 votes

Your query is misgudied. If they have not mentioned a fact, dont insisit for knowing why. Resign and then file a case against the organization. That will teach them a good lesson. Prior to that, obtain all evidences (in writing) regarding the above narrations.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles