×

Legal query regarding education leave during service period

Hi I'am currently working in a public sector bank as a scale 1 officer.I joined bank last year and about to complete 1 year regular service In my bank a new joined officer is confirmed in service after 2 years and first two year is probation period so I am currently working in probation . Now coming on my question ,my question is can I get two year education leave to join coaching classes for upsc in Delhi as my current posting is in south Indian class c district which is rurban type and I am a north Indian . In my bank there is rule that a new joined male officer can avail a maximum two year without pay leave for further education but only on completion of 7 year service ,but after seven year of service I shall become ineligible for upsc,so please guide me what I should do.

service rules can be sacrificed for your personal interest only by your organisation. so it is advisable to make a sincere request to your higher authorities.
its solely depends upon the mercy of your organisation.
a court of law would also direct to your organisation to take the decision in your case as per law. if you file a petition

You first enquire with your bank that is there any ordinary leave or extra ordinary leave provision which you can avail as in most of the public sector be it bank or any department you can take leave for your preparations which are two in form i.e. ordinary leave which extends to a period of 6 months and the there is an extraordinary leave which may extend to a period of 1 to 2 years.