Legal query regarding education leave during service period

Hi I'am currently working in a public sector bank as a scale 1 officer.I joined bank last year and about to complete 1 year regular service In my bank a new joined officer is confirmed in service after 2 years and first two year is probation period so I am currently working in probation . Now coming on my question ,my question is can I get two year education leave to join coaching classes for upsc in Delhi as my current posting is in south Indian class c district which is rurban type and I am a north Indian . In my bank there is rule that a new joined male officer can avail a maximum two year without pay leave for further education but only on completion of 7 year service ,but after seven year of service I shall become ineligible for upsc,so please guide me what I should do.

Answers (2)

340 votes

You first enquire with your bank that is there any ordinary leave or extra ordinary leave provision which you can avail as in most of the public sector be it bank or any department you can take leave for your preparations which are two in form i.e. ordinary leave which extends to a period of 6 months and the there is an extraordinary leave which may extend to a period of 1 to 2 years.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

74 votes

service rules can be sacrificed for your personal interest only by your organisation. so it is advisable to make a sincere request to your higher authorities.
its solely depends upon the mercy of your organisation.
a court of law would also direct to your organisation to take the decision in your case as per law. if you file a petition

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles