×

Job rejected as the university has reputation of giving fake degrees

My client who is a private limited company, released an offer letter to a potential employee. The letter had a clause stating: “Your employment with us is confirmed, subject to an educational background check” The results of the background check later revealed that the candidate had a degree from a university that has a reputation for issuing fake degrees. The candidate’s degree itself however, was not fake. Can the offer of employment now be rescinded validly?

They cannot remove you on this ground. However, companies have the upper hand in cancelling the offer. You cannot help it. Speak to them. Try to convince them.

Shoe them some proof that you studied there. Maybe photo, records etc.

Yes, as the appointment with the Company was subject to an educational background check, it can be rescinded. The candidate should be able to prove that the degree issued to him by the University of College is not fake so as to get his appointment cleared. Only on the basis of the College reputation the degree cannot be said to be fake.

is your client has accepted an offer letter or not?

they cant do so if done you can approach the appropriate court for the remedy and other compensation

please contact me for the detail as I need the more clarification.