How to protect oneself from sexual harassment at workplace

hello I am a single working lady in Mumbai. I have experienced sexual harassment in offices. I have complained to the hr however they save the accused. they are bpo international companies and they have no cctv cameras. How can I defend myself and what are my rights...who can I go to ask for help.thanks

You can do the following:
Under the Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act, you can complain to the Internal Complaints Committee to decide whether the harassment suffered by a victim. An important feature of the "POSH" Act is that it envisages the setting up of a grievance redressal forum in your employment place.

At the district level, the Government is required to set up a ‘local complaints committee’ (“LCC”) to investigate and redress complaints of sexual harassment from the unorganized sector or from establishments where the ICC has not been constituted on account of the establishment having less than 10 employees or if the complaint is against the employer.

You can find relevant information on this link: http://www.shesays.in/sexual-harassment-at-workplace/how-to-report-it

You can also file an FIR against your employer and the accused persons.

It's very serious issue. Firstly inform to HR that it's very serious issue and saving criminal is also crime. So if they don't listen then firstly You should contact with your family members and then go to nearest police station and make complaint against them. just be brave and fight back with all devils.

A three member panel / committee has to be formed in each establishment where women employees are working, to redress the sexual harassment complaints. You can approach such panel for redressal of your complaint. If such panel / committee is not constituted in your workplace, you need to contact a lawyer for approaching law enforcement authorities.