How to deal with harassment at workplace

Dear Sir, 1. I am a retired Army Officer. From 08 August 2016 to 01 March 2017 I was performing the duties of Consultant Airport Terminal Officer ( a contractual appointment for 3 years) with AAI in Trivandrum Airport. I stopped doing duty due to following reasons: (a) Airport Director(APD) and other regular employees in TVM Airport didnot want the contractual appointment to succeed as they fear this will affect their regular intake. (b) Appointment given by APD was menial and not commensurate to managerial appointment assured by AAI advt 05/2015 and job letter issued by Central Headquarter (CHQ). I was placed below Airport Managers (APM) and made to do menial jobs. There is a crunch of APMs and regular Officers from other dept. were pulled in for APM. Inspite of this, they didn't have the heart to employee me respectfully. (b) Illtreatment by APD, APM and supervisors which included reemployed Ex- Serviceman. I had no protection against illtreatment by Group C

Though the facts stated may be true, there appears to be no legal elements to initiate an action in tort. Contractual employees and regular employees belong to different hierarchies. What do you mean by menial jobs?