How to deal with harassment at workplace

Dear Sir, 1. I am a retired Army Officer. From 08 August 2016 to 01 March 2017 I was performing the duties of Consultant Airport Terminal Officer ( a contractual appointment for 3 years) with AAI in Trivandrum Airport. I stopped doing duty due to following reasons: (a) Airport Director(APD) and other regular employees in TVM Airport didnot want the contractual appointment to succeed as they fear this will affect their regular intake. (b) Appointment given by APD was menial and not commensurate to managerial appointment assured by AAI advt 05/2015 and job letter issued by Central Headquarter (CHQ). I was placed below Airport Managers (APM) and made to do menial jobs. There is a crunch of APMs and regular Officers from other dept. were pulled in for APM. Inspite of this, they didn't have the heart to employee me respectfully. (b) Illtreatment by APD, APM and supervisors which included reemployed Ex- Serviceman. I had no protection against illtreatment by Group C

Answers (1)

Though the facts stated may be true, there appears to be no legal elements to initiate an action in tort. Contractual employees and regular employees belong to different hierarchies. What do you mean by menial jobs?

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

higher official is always scolding my coworkers ,,how can i face by law ..we are in govt office…

Read More

Hi, I was working with an IT firm in indore, I met with an accident because of mental stress and my company pressurized me to resigned I resigned, Aft…

Read More

My salary has not been credited for January 2017 but rest of the employees have got the salaries. They want to terminate me without any reason. I have…

Read More

I am a lady teacher of a govt sponsored school. The secretary and head master harass and insult me in school. What should I do?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue