Did not get joining letter. After quitting job old co. harassing me.

I was working in a company for 2 years. I was never offered a joining letter or appointment letter. It has been 3 months since i quit the job. Now the owner and HR is harassing me and calling me asking me to do my job. I did my complete job and thereafter left. Now i have started working somewhere else. Now how do i stop them from harassing me?

Answers (2)

337 votes

Dear concerned,

please inform if you have the proof of your severing your employment with them three months ago. Emails will also suffice for this purpose. You should file a suit to restrain them from harassing you or to create any impediment in your present employment.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

243 votes

There is nothing the HR can do in the absence of a contract of employment. However don't make this mistake in future. Suppose you don't get paid then there would be nothing you could do to enforce your rights. If she still doesn't stop the harassment then send her a legal notice.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles