Compensation for "On Duty" accident in government job.

My father is working in the Department of Atomic Energy(Central Government). Last year, on 2 January 2017, when he was working in the plant(On Duty), he fell from a height of around 15 feet. Causing severe injury in his brain. He was unconscious for almost 2 months. Now he has a lot of improvement in his condition. But still he is on a wheelchair and he has lost almost half memory. We have not yet filed any police complaint against the department. So far he was on medical leave's, but now instead of joining the duty, department continue to pressurized us to taking voluntary retirement. While no compensation has been given to us from the department. Can we- 1) Should we get any compensation? And how to apply for it 2) Can we now file a police case against department to investigate the accident. 3) What can we do if we do not want to take the VRS? Apart from this, please suggest as we can do.

Answers (1)

202 votes

My dear friend , as your query , you have to make the complaint to the department concerned with all the facts, reasons to be mention in that representation delayed to make complain . And take the certificate from the doctor regarding the fit to join the service. all documents should have to submit along with representation. Have you claimed for any medical reimbursement. so with all the facts submit the representation before the department concerned. If your father is capable or fit to join the service no person or authority pressurize to take VRS. compensation is depends on facts as you mentioned.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles