Can i lose my job if 498a is filed against me

Sir/Madam,i am working in ltd company for >last 5 yrs but now facing 498a and related cases in court and i want to know what steps to be followed as per law to save my job in case of Jailed to me by court .... Pls help in this situation is company has right to terminate my services or only suspended as per indian law as i really do not want to lose my job thanx

Answers (3)

67 votes

Sir there is no such law that can terminate you from your job .. Since the offence is only domestic and not against the company that you are working with... Moreover till now you are only facing trial and not been held guilty..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

193 votes

Generally Companies have a clause in the employment contract wherein they provide that they reserve the right to terminate your services in case you are convicted in a case of moral turpitude. So you must check the terms and conditions of your service and the only way to save your job would be to ensure that you are not convicted by a Court of law for an offence involving moral turpitude.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
216 votes

First of all you should go through with your job agreement, and generally the company will not terminate per suspend you upto the period approx 48 hrs then they after 48 hrs they will move your suspension upto 2 or 3 weeks or more upto 1 months then they will process to the termination and can terminate after 2 or 3 months but if get bail then the you will be safe and in my opinion you should apply for the anticipatory bail so that you will not be arrested by the police.

Puneet Sharma

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles