Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Which is more feasible will or property transfer

My father has 6 sisters and 1 brother including him . And my grand father is dead . Only grandmother is living . Familys expenses are taken care by both sons . And according to law , there is equal right for son and daughter . But my grandmother want property to be distributed among 2 sons to avoid problems in future . Shall we make a will or property transfer is a better idea ?

Answers (5)

Dear client,
its not wise to make a will or property as you know better equal right for son and daughter. If the daughters are aggrieved in will or transfer of property done by their mother to her sons only then they can challenged the will or transfer property in the court of law.it will be decided by the court the will or transfer valid or not.so you try to settled it amicable.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Whether the property is the ancestral properties of your grandfather . Or it was purchase by your grandmother . If the property was purchased property of your grandmother the she can sale or execute a WILL . If you are from berhampur them their is less difference between sale and will

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Transfer of property by way of sale or gift deed is safe subject to meet the instant expenses for its registration which is to be incurred according to the value of the property,whereas will is a future provision.An will has to be tested in probate proceeding after the death of its tastator/ executant wherein all legal heir or anybody who is expected to succeed any interest in the property of the tastator shall be a party to such probate proceeding and the authenticity of the will shall be tested therein

U have not mentioned the property stands in whose name.If the property is in the name of your grand mother,she can will or gift or transfer according to her choise but if the property is in the name of your grand father,then she can will or gift or transfer oniy her share

As the status of the properties is now ancestral property so will can't solve problems. Your grand mother cannot make will for entire property unless it is her self acquired. In that case if all your aunts make a draft agreement leaving claim in their own volition problem could be solved.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

1. A minor aged 8 years was adopted by his grandfather in the year 1937 by way of adoption deed. Whether these adoption deed is valid? 2. The said ado…

Read More

Mam/ sir .mughe apne husband se maintance chahiye .aur bad me divorce .lakin mere husband na divorce dene ko agree h na maintance .wo kahte h me koi m…

Read More

Are there any rule that after marriage girl should live with in-laws as per Hindu Indian lae? After divorce whom should the child go? Mother bor fathe…

Read More

Mr. Raj who works in railways, married to Jaya and having daughter Shilpa. Due to death of Raj, his wife Jaya got her husband job in Railways on Compa…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue